Tuesday, March 5, 2013

12 Person Round Robin

Like many stitcher's I'm a member of a message board or few and over the years we stitching ladies make some wonderful friendships that span across the globe. As a matter of fact, one of my closest and dearest friends I met on the boards so to me they are worth their weight in Au (gold for the non-chem's out there). Eva is a member of a close-knit group of stitcher's that are pretty much like-minded, intelligent, kindred spirits who get a bit tired of some of the shenanigans that take place elsewhere so they began a small stitch board on FB where they could hang out and be happy. Luckily I was invited to get to know these lovely women. 

Well two Decembers ago one asked if we wanted to take place in a Round Robin, where we decide what design we'd like to stitch and then set it up for how ever many participants to stitch part of and then send it on to the next on the list for their turn. I had never taken place in one before so I eagerly joined. After choosing my pattern, adjusting it to fit 12 stitcher's, and then stitching the squares for everyone to stitch in I sent it off in Jan of 2012 for the fun to begin. 


Well its now March 2013 and all the pieces are ready to return home to their owners. I had a great time stitching on everyone's pieces and I hope they like the pattern I chose for them to stitch on too.  
 

The stitching order I stitched all these lovely squares in is: **there are a couple not shown because I forgot to take photos of them. My father was diagnosed with recurring cancer and lost his battle from May to October 2012 and my mind was elsewhere.**




 1. Darla -houses




 


2. Charlotte – cat quilt square







 3. Sue - chickens






  4. Margie - teapots







  5. Robin – days of Christmas moon



 
  6. Elaine – herbs



7.Lyn – sanman design (not shown)
 8. Leta-tulips (not shown)
9. Cynthia – red/green quilt sq 






10. Julie Mae –pink flowers

-->


-->
11. Eva –sun design
-->
12. Kim –anxiously awaiting its arrival


I can't wait until we stitch our next one!




Stay safe on our (hopefully) last snow day before SPRING of 2013. 

HAPPY STITCHING!

1 comment:

Eva said...

Welcome to blog land! It's a great way to journal about stitching projects and share the results!