Sunday, October 20, 2013

Finally A FINISH! Woo Hoo!

This year finally became busy around April and my stitching MoJo has gone awry but early last January I finished stitching Just Nan's Gingerbread Stocking scissor keep as ornaments for later in the year ornament exchanges. I finished these cute little stockings late February/eary March and they have been sitting in my stitching bag until this past week. When I finally received the "Don't forget to mail in two weeks" notice for the first ornament exchange I felt I'd better get cracking on putting these puppies together. Oh my goodness! Talk about a complete chore in finishing them. The instructions say to cut, blah, blah, blah and stitch together. As ornaments I wanted them to have a bit of stability so I used iron-on stabilizer and cut them as close as I could, making notches in the appropriate areas as I went along. Then I underwent the tedious chore of hand stitching them together using only the red outline of the sock sides to connect the sides together. Things did not always line up as they should because of the interfacing so a bit of stuffing is required for the toes. But they do look very cute. Easy to stitch but tedious to construct. Good thing is all five are finished so now I can mail away! WOO HOO!

Here is a pic of my handi work.
They are all stocking pockets with snaps.  Hope the recipients enjoy!

Thanks for reading.
Kim

2 comments:

Zeb said...

So what did you think of the pins that came with this? :)

KIM said...

I was gifted this pattern after a friend of mine finished stitching hers so I didn't get any pins with mine. :( Did you happen to purchase this same pattern and if so what did the pins look like? Just Nan does add some darling accessories but I wish she would have them for sale so her patterns can be stitched over and over again.