Tuesday, October 1, 2013

October 1st

It's October 1st already and since its the beginning of the month the department I work in is slammed with drinking and waste water samples to be tested so we are super busy this week at work. Woo Hoo! After a few years of no job its amazing what being slammed at work does for ones moral. ;)

Over the past weekend I beaded five Just Nan Gingerbread sock ornaments I'm making (pictures at a later date because some of these are for ornament exchanges) and I stitched up a round robin piece. Its the first piece of the Threads of Life 12 person Round Robin I'm taking part in.  Here's a pic of Robin's 12 month piece:
Its been a long day and I'm off to eat dinner and watch a bit of television.
Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw! Very cute! You will have to tell me more about a Round Robin. I have heard of them but never really looked into what one is!

KIM said...

Thank you!

A Round Robin is where a group of stitchers stitch on eachothers pieces until the piece is finished. The one I'm in there are 12 women who each find their own pattern (or create one) with 12 small pieces. Each person takes the fabric they want it stitched on and then stitches the grid or grids the fabric to accommodate each pattern piece of their pattern. Then a list is made of the stitching order. We have chosen small pattern pieces so each person in the one I'm in gets 6 weeks to stitch a piece of their choice (the fabric owner puts all the patterns together and passes them along with the fabric and any speciality threads--stitchers use their own DMC) and pass it to the next person on the list. After a little over a year you get your stitched piece back all completed as does everyone else.

I hope you just understood that. If you look at my older posts you will see what I stitched on everyones RR piece from last year and you will see my finished pieced that I plan on making into a pillow.

When I see you I can show you better. Then maybe you can join in the next one. :)